High Speed Plastics Themoforming
Creating the Finished Package
WECO uses infrared heaters that increase thermoforming efficiency and make thermoforming profitable for you. WECO thermoforming solutions are typically supplied as a retrofit heat system for production lines making Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG).
The popularity of the our infrared solutions are growing, since average energy savings of 40% along with up to 20% productivity improvement are possible and payback time is measured in months.
The plastics thermoforming industry is often accused of being energy intensive and inaccurate compared to plastics injection molding but WECO industrial heat consultants have the expertise to supply thermoforming replacement heaters to thousands of thermoformers worldwide – saving the industry millions and improving thermoforming line efficiency in the process.
Thermoforming heating control systems produce a host of other benefits:
- Major reduction in capital equipment wear and tear
- Like-for-like infrared for tubular replacements
- Elimination of ‘hot box’ tubular problems
- No need for changes in control or instrumentation
- Poor performing infrared to be replaced with superior platens
- Savings in directional heat
- Better resulting product quality
- Improved set up time and tool change time
- More complex parts possible
- Cooling requirements also reduced
- Matching of heating control systems to polymers being processed
- Improved environment for operators