Hot Drape Forming
Opening up composites
Companies who are seeing out-of-autoclave production and who are also seeking to minimize costs and energy consumption need not look any further than WECO. We offer volume manufacturing of the Ceramicx Our Vector Drape Former will support production of composite objects from a bed size of 1400 x 1000 mm, making it the heat process solution for small to medium sized composite components.
Current methods in the production of composites production can be both labor intensive and slow. Capital equipment also tends to be expensive and it creates a bottleneck in the production process (e.g. autoclave), therefore a key area of focus is OOA (Out of Autoclave) solutions. The drape forming heat machine applies WECO’s recognized expertise in infrared heat work and applications engineering to the composites sector. Our infrared heater can influence both temperature and temperature profile though part thickness.
A major solution to this is that these hot drape formers will have advanced features in relation to fast cycle times, high quality finish with sound product integrity as well as ease of operation. A key prerequisite for improved drapeformers is extensive knowledge on resin behaviour, advantages of infrared curing as well as any additional enhancement factors such as vibration, vacuum etc.
If you are looking for high productivity drape forming machines for out-of-autoclave (OOA) or Vacuum bag only (VBO), WECO has the machine for you.
WECO Vector Drape Former Technical Specification for model illustrated as below:
- Bed size – 1400 x 1000 mm ( 55 1/8” x 39 3/8” )
- 28.8kW optimized infrared system
- Siemens HCS based control system
- 5 independently controlled heating zones from non-contact pyrometers
- IP 44 Synchronized lifting columns – No exposed drive shafts
- High performance vacuum system with automatic venting feature
- Bed size customized for your requirements
- Multiple trolley options for enhanced productivity
- Enhanced temperature control for productivity